Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mission 4 and Player Choice

Right chaps (a gender non-specific term these days I am told)

I launched the fourth and final part of my ARG today. We had a bit of a pause in activity because of some visitors from Nagasaki to the school.

Part four asks the students to choose between two missions.
(a) help the mad scientist and get rich AND in the process complete the last learning task
(b) help the reporter thwart the mad scientist, repair the time-line AND complete a slightly different learning task.

I've attached the files (with the unfortunate typos my students made me aware of)

For those of you not able to read Japanese, option A asks the kids to 'look at "66" on the institute of traffic webpage and click' See here: http://institutefortraffic.wetpaint.com/

Option B asks them 'who sits at the front of the school. Please talk (to them)'. It was the front office staff at our school who had been asked to (once given the right phrase) send them back to me (mwahahahahahaha) for the mission. Annoying! here is the mission they get
I need you to complete write 500 words on wiki about why Musashi is important in Japanese history using the themes you have already researched as reference points. Once he understands his role in Japanese history he will be able to overpower Dr Tonkin and return to fulfill his destiny.


The term ends on Friday next week and I need to get this all wrapped up soonish.

The interuption by the Nagasaki visitors though welcome, was a bit of a speed bumb for the ARG - something I should have thought about sooner.

One of my students asked today if all the Japanese assignments could be done in the ARG style (not exactly her words but that was the gist). I want to say 'yes' but bugger me if this isn't a lot of work - and I am a little worried that kids who normally would do an essay and be content...are a little put off by the layers of complication (the wiki...email...twitter) that in their eyes is an encumbrance.

Comments are VERY welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment