Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The ARG finishes

Hello -

Sorry it has been a while.

The ARG ended and I've started to assess the wetpaint wikis that my year 9s and 10s created. So far the first few I've looked at have been excellent. The students researdhed well and used the technology of wetpaint effectively - which is great.

I've seen a couple which are, at best, pretty weak but thats the way it goes. I gave the kids a choice inthe last mission - to save the samurai or to let him die and make heaps of cash....welll thats what they thought.

They were offered 'half of all the profits' - but as some of the students realised...half of zero is zero.....

We had a few interuptions to our term which made the focus on the ARG blurry at best but that is something that is unavoidable in most schools. The ARG format would be better with dedicate time being allocated - likewise for the teacher who has to check student work all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment