Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 2

Hello. The risk of this game with 14-16 year olds is that their BS detector is pretty accurate. The 'reality' of the game is reduced and the 'game' part of the game is accentuated. The kids all know that this is an assignment with make-up on BUT because it is a game they have thrown themselves at the tasks.

Today dd bring up a couple of funny (peculiar) aspects. Wetpaint is being used by the kids to build their samurai wikis - but wetpaint is problematic. On the one hand I want the learning product of the students to be viewable to the world. On the other hand it seems to allow people to edit their wikis. I've already had a problem with spam on one of the sites, unfortunately.

The other problem is my alter-ego, Dr Tonkin. The students suspect me of being Tonkin and I am doing my best to convince them otherwise but I think I am failing.

The students have until Monday to have stuff up on their wiki although if they complete the task before that I will release the next clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment